Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Off to College
Today we took our sons to college. JM is a returning sophomore, and J is a freshman, both at the same great school in our state, not very far down the road from us. May I just tell you that I am very thankful for that! We got an early start this morning and it was a gorgeous day. It took us about half a day to get everything in and them settled. JM's roommate moved in today also and joined us for lunch after the moving party. J's roommate doesn't move in until Friday. C even got to help her brothers move today. She was excited since they have helped her move, ahem, 13 times! I am not sure exactly what came over me today, but I held it together VERY well and didn't even cry. And, for me, that is HUGE! You might say I am a tad on the sentimental side (if any of my children are reading, they are laughing hysterically.) I cry at the drop of a hat, even sappy commercials! So, the only explanation I can come up with is that the good Lord is preparing my heart for this season that our family is getting ready to experience. And, I am grateful and my heart is full.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




..and what a wonderful season it is. Blessings abound in your home! So happy for you and for all of your kids. God is good. So very good.
ReplyDelete